This Recipe Makes 3 cups
- 2 cups (1 pound) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup +3 tbsp unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- the cream cheese must be room temperature, so if you can, keep it out for a few hours prior to making the frosting. Soften the cream cheese by putting it in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl and put on high speed. Remove every 10-30 seconds. Do not melt the cheese, it just needs to be squishy and soft.
- In a bowl and using the paddle attachment, combine the butter and sugar and beat until completely smooth and glossy.
- add the cream cheese to the butter mixture and mix it thoroughly. Use the frosting immediately or cover and refigerate until needed. If you decide to put it away, you will need to beat the batter for 2-3 minutes before using.
*2 cream cheese frosting will last 2 weeks in the refrigerator if sealed tightly. Never freeze.*